为了帮助开发者和发行商设计符合这些关键标准的免费游戏，并获得更高的成功机率，我们创造了所谓的“完美类同游戏设计框架”（Perfect Affinity Game Design Framework）。该框架包含制作极具吸引力和盈利性免费游戏的9个维度：
How to design a free-to-play video game using the Perfect Affinity Game Design,Testing and Evaluation framework and template
Our game design, testing and evaluation framework can help you design a free-to-play video game which is engaging and highly profitable!
As we explained in our earlier post, 2013 looks set to be a very challenging year for video game developers and publishers, with the massive increase in the number of games available on social network and mobile platforms (where games number in the 100,000′s) making it harder than ever to design a free-to-play video game which is engaging, stands out from the crowd and generates compelling profits. In the post we explained that there are a number of design criteria (“magic ingredients”) that can massively increase the chance of a game’s success, if adopted during the game development process.
Introducing the Perfect Affinity Game Design Framework
In order to help developers and publishers design free-to-play video games which adhere to this essential criteria, and therefore have a greater chance of success, we have created the Perfect
Affinity Game Design Framework. The Framework includes nine dimensions essential to making highly engaging & profitable free-to-play games:
How to design a free-to-play video game using the Perfect Affinity Game Design,Testing and Evaluation Framework and Template
Make more engaging and profitable games by using the game design framework from Perfect Affinity Games!
The framework is the result of in-depth research into the key success criteria of hundreds of games, covering social network, web/online, mobile/tablet, console and PC platforms.
By following the framework, developers and publishers can realize some incredible benefits:
- Make a great first impression with players, with games that more easily stand out from the crowd and retain players well;
- Better exploit social networks and social bonds, helping to drive organic and viral growth and deepening player engagement;
- Deliver innovative and novel experiences, making it easier to acquire and retain players in the long term;
- Create ethical games which are culturally relevant and build emotional connections with players, leading to more engaging and profitable games;
- Generate compelling profits without relying on a small percentage of paying customers, and;
- Significantly reduce the risk of a game failing to live up to the original vision and expectations for the game.
How can developers and publishers use the framework?
The framework can be used in two ways:
- As a tool to evaluate and test games. This is a powerful tool which helps developers and publishers identify essential changes which may be needed to maximise a game’s chance of success, as well as determining where a game is already strong. The framework can be used at various stages of game design and development, from the concept & prototype stage through to beta and released versions of a game. We use a virtual network of game evaluators who are passionate about games and have deep experience in one or more genres and/or game platforms. We select an evaluation team who are the best fit based on the type of game and its target market.
- To guide the game design process. By providing detailed design criteria and guidance in nine critical dimensions of game design, our framework can help ensure that new games are designed
effectively from the ground up, so that they are profitable as well as engaging and great fun to play! The framework can be integrated with your own game developement process and used throughout game developement, from concept stage through to detailed design, development, QA/testing and launch, helping to bring the vision for the game to reality!
What are the nine dimensions and why are they important?
The nine dimensions from the framework are described below. Each of the dimensions includes up to ten individual design criteria, providing very detailed and specific guidance for game design and development in each dimension.
Note that these are in no particular order – their importance and relevance may vary depending on the types of game as well as other factors such as the target audience for the game.
1. Amazing First Impressions
It has been reported that players can separate a great game from an average game within 30 seconds, and given the 100,000+ games available to players, making an amazing first impression is critical!
2. Social Integration
Social contact and interaction in games is a proven way to deliver real value to players, increasing their engagement in the game. It is also essential for viral & organic growth.
3. Innovation and Novelty
With hundreds of thousands of games to choose from, delivering new experiences is fundamental to acquiring players and retaining them beyond the very short term.
4. Production with Finesse
High production values play an important role in attracting & enticing players and help set the mood for the game. Done right, players will become immersed & deeply engaged!
Giving players enough opportunities to pay, and enabling them to spend the amounts they are willing to spend, governs the money-making potential of a game.
6. Ethical Foundations
As discussed in an earlier post, games built on ethical foundations focus on delivering compelling value to players. They avoid manipulating & taxing players ans tend to see higher revenues as a result.
7. Emotional Engagement
As explained in our article about creating emotion in games, creating emotional connections with players helps build passion, dedication and commitment, driving and deepening player engagement.
8. Richness and Complexity
Player retention involves building player interest and passion in the long term. Doing this well requires rich & compelling content, with challenges matched to player needs.
9. Cultural Affinity
Games which are aligned with the cultural needs and expectations of players are more likely to appeal to them and, when done right, can help convert more players to spenders!（source：perfectaffinitygames）