同比大多数主机游戏开发商，Capcom成功推出了许多备受瞩目的游戏。除了是最古老第三方开发商的身份，Capcom仍在不断推出精致作品。比如《洛克人》、《街头霸王》、《Breath of Fire》、《生化危机》与《恶魔猎人》便属于珍贵作品，事实证明，它可以针对不同平台开发不同题材游戏。虽然最近几个关键创意领导的离职对它造成了重创，但Capcom仍在游戏行业处于重要位置。
坦白讲，Square Enix可能不止第5名，但我觉得其鼎盛时期可能在后头。但这并非意味着其当前作品并不优秀，尤其在发行方面，他们已经推出《最终幻想X-III》、《人类战争》、《杀手：进化》与《古墓丽影》这些热作。然而，以他们的能力能够推出诸如《最终幻想》初作、《Secret of Mana》、《SaGa Frontier》与《Parasite Eve》这些佳作吗？时间会证明一切，但就现在而言，Square Enix仍独领着RPG制作领域。
BioWare并不优秀，但却是一群怪才。我的意思是，该公司的两个负责人本职都为医生。而这是我购买他们游戏的动机！而且，这并不影响《龙腾世纪》、《Knight of the Old Republic》与《质量效应》系列的表现，他们可以堪称为故事题材上的最佳典范。他们已经战胜了所有挑战：《质量效应》系列在游戏互连方面已上升到一个新高度，《The Old Republic》这款游戏将进军MMO领域，他们还在世嘉五代之外创造了一款精致的索尼克游戏！它无疑为我们留下了大量经典作品。
作为第三方游戏开发商，育碧的表现可能稍稍逊色于动视与EA，但其内部开发的作品却是举世无双，而且他们擅长构造独一无二的游戏体验。《Beyond Good & Evil》、《刺客信条》与《Rayman》均是他们推出的卓越原创作品，此外，育碧还掌握开发授权游戏的方法，它购买了Tom Clancy《幽灵行动》、《分裂细胞》与《Rainbow 6》的版权，并推出相关作品，《歪小子斯科特对抗全世界》也是一款杰出之作。他们证明了自己是任天堂以外鲜少能在Wii上表现出彩的公司之一，据悉，如今《Just Dance》系列的售量已达到6.7万亿以上。
《魔兽世界》、《暗黑破坏神》与《星际争霸》都是我们耳熟能详的游戏。它们的总收益额已远超史上其他游戏。对暴雪而言，它可能不会适时推出新作品，但他们却能够保证不断优化游戏，做到尽善尽美。暴雪了解如何制作出能够吸引大量用户的游戏，再加上动视的能力与财力，可以说它们在游戏领域可谓是所向披靡。另外，我们也不能忽略《The Lost Vikings》创下的辉煌成绩。
虽然其发行数量不及文中的其它公司，但Bethesda用行动证明了质量高于数量的真理。虽然其早期作品（比如《Home Alone》与《Wayne Gretzky Hockey》）并不出彩，但《上古卷轴》系列却吸引了大批玩家。而且，Bethesda通过发行《湮没》展现了360平台的真正功能，并打算在此继续推出《辐射3》与《天际》这两款佳作。近来，它还以发行商身份取得了进一步发展，推出了诸如《RAGE》、《Brink》、《Dishonored》与《Prey 2》这些作品。
Top 10 Game Developers
It takes a lot of hard work, dedication and talent to make a good game. To make a bunch of them, though, takes something more. Something special. Here are the Top 10 Game Developers who have made gaming such a pleasure.
10. Konami: Looking back through Konami’s catalogue, you see a bunch of legendary games: Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, and Contra just to name a few. While Konami has seen some low spots in their history (like their entire Nintendo 64 lineup), few companies have such an expansive and stellar list of titles they can boast, and upcoming entries like Metal Gear: Rising and a new Zone of the Enders title on the horizon, this old company still has some legs. Any developer that has their own secret code has to be legit.
9. Bethesda: While their number of released titles isn’t as staggering as some of the other companies on this list, Bethesda proves that quality truly does outweigh quantity. While early titles like Home Alone and Wayne Gretzky Hockey didn’t exactly show their chops too well, a little series called The Elder Scrolls may have crossed your radar once or twice. Bethesda showed us what the 360 was truly capable of with Oblivion, and pushed the envelope even farther with Fallout 3 and Skyrim, two of the best games of this generation. They have even stepped up as a publisher as of late, releasing titles such as RAGE, Brink, and the upcoming Dishonored and Prey 2.
8. Blizzard: World of Warcraft. Diablo. StarCraft. Ever heard of these titles, maybe? That’s because they gross more money than even exists somehow. Give it to Blizzard: They may not release their games in a timely manner, but they sure know how to polish those bastards to perfection. Blizzard knows how to make games people…lots of people…enjoy playing, and, coupled with the power and money of Activision, they seem nigh unstoppable now. Of course though, I have neglected to talk about their crowning achievement: The Lost Vikings. You know you loved it.
7. Ubisoft: Ubisoft may lag behind Activision and Electronic Arts as far as third-party publishers go, but their in-house development chops are second-to-none, and they are good at creating experiences you can get nowhere else. Beyond Good & Evil, Assassin’s Creed, and Rayman are some excellent and original games, and Ubisoft showed it knows how to work a license with the stellar Tom Clancy-based lineup of Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell and Rainbow 6, not to mention the awesome Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. They’ve shown they are one of the few companies not named Nintendo who can successfully tackle the Wii, and it was announced today that the Just Dance series just surpassed 6.7 trillion copies sold. Seriously.
6. BioWare: BioWare isn’t just good. They are freaking smart. I mean, two of the guys in charge of the company are doctors…like House. That’s all the incentive I need to buy their games! It also doesn’t hurt that titles like Dragon Age, Knight of the Old Republic, and a little series called Mass Effect are among the best games you’ll ever find in terms of storytelling. They’ve conquered every challenge put in front of them: They reached new levels of game interconnection with the Mass Effect trilogy, they are crushing the MMO space with the stellar The Old Republic, and they created a good Sonic game (The Dark Brotherhood) outside the Sega Genesis! I’m not sure which is the most impressive.
5. Square Enix: I’ll be honest with you. Square Enix would probably place higher on this list, but I have a feeling their best days may be behind them. That’s not to say they aren’t producing good work now, especially in the publishing department with hits like Final Fantasy X-III, Deus Ex and the upcoming Hitman: Evolution and Tomb Raider. However, will they ever be able to match the brilliance of games like the early Final Fantasy games, Secret of Mana, SaGa Frontier and Parasite Eve? Only time will tell, but, for now, Square Enix remains the standard for RPGs.
4. Capcom: Capcom can field more recognizable mascots than most entire consoles. Besides being one of the oldest third-party developers around, they have consistently created good games with the times. Mega Man, Street Fighter, Breath of Fire, Resident Evil, and Devil May Cry are among their venerable portfolio, and show that they can develop any genre for any platform. The departure of several key creative leaders has been a major hit to the company recently, but Capcom continues to be one of the premiere heavy hitters in the industry.
3. Rockstar: When you play a Rockstar game, there is usually little doubt that you are playing a Rockstar game. While Grand Theft Auto is the recognizable flagship of the company, smash-hits Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne, Bully and Midnight Club are all examples of Rockstar’s fine craftsmanship. They also have a knack for licensed games, creating one of the best ever in 2005′s The Warriors. With a fierce identity and incredible talent, Rockstar certainly live up to their name, and continue to step up their game with every release.
2. Valve: While it may be odd that a company founded in 1996 with only a handful of full-fledged releases, most of which were based off of mods of existing games, could be the number two developer on this list, to look at it that would be to miss the forest for the trees. Games like Portal, Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Left 4 Dead, and Team Fortress are played with a fervor unmatched in the video game world. Their online distribution service Steam is one of the greatest things on the Internet, and they have one of the most out-spoken and charismatic leaders around in Gabe Newell. They mod their own great games into better games, they have their own successful Source engine, and Steam owns almost every distribution service out there. Simply put, Valve rocks.
1. Nintendo: Is it even possible to overstate the importance of Nintendo’s game development on the industry as a whole? I don’t think so. Besides creating legendary franchises like Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Pokémon, and Star Fox, most of Nintendo’s games play like textbooks on good game design. How many games hold up as well as Nintendo games over the long haul? Almost every new installment of their flagship franchises manages to innovate in some spectacular way, they are still leading the console war, and they’re handheld gaming portfolio beats some entire home consoles. Nintendo single-handedly changed the way we game, not once, but multiple times, and are the best game developer ever.(source:gameinformer)